Thoughts about the stock quote database

Paul Fenwick pjf@myinternet.com.au
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:37:46 +1100

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

G'day GnuCash developers,

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 05:59:12PM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:

[snippage]

> We already do online quotes, but that work is 'outsourced' to the
> Finance::Quote program (available on sourceforge). It is a separate
> project from GnuCash.

Yes, and I've been very bad because I haven't been updating F::Q
to take advantage of new features, and I haven't been hanging around
the development list as I should have been.  The main reasons for
this is that my day job has been keeping me incredibly busy, and
that combining with purchasing a house has left me short of time.

The good news is that I'm giving up the day-job to go back to
consulting, which should hopefully leave me with much more time
for open-source development and other things I enjoy.  :)  The
real leap in free-time will happen in mid-January, so I'll
probably still be a little scarce until then.

Cheers,

	Paul

--=20
Paul Fenwick <pjf@cpan.org>         | "When I see an adult on a bicycle,
http://www.advogato.net/person/pjf  |  I have a hope for the human race."
PGP KeyID: 0xB1479E55               |      -- H.G. Wells

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--