DB design document

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
18 Dec 2000 13:00:56 -0500

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@hex.net> writes:

> It shouldn't be a situation of the GUI submitting database queries;
> instead, the GUI should submit _transaction_ queries to the engine, and
> the engine can then do what it needs.

This is a reasonable approach, although I think we still want (need?)
to be flexible enough to make some rather robust queries.  For
example, I can certainly see where you might want to search for
transactions in an account between specific dates, or certain reports
might want to make certain more extensive queries.  I'm not sure what
the best way to do this would be; I'd like to be able to support batch
queries across an RPC, but I don't know how to make the request.