DB design document

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:43:18 -0600

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:57:47AM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> An account group is just what it sounds like, a group of accounts.
>
> All accounts in an account group must be denominated in the same commodity.

I know the attribution is screwy there but I just want to point out
that in gnucash, there's no restriction on the currencies or
securities of accounts in an account group.  Since *all* of your
accounts are part of one account group at the top level, this would
enforce one currency everywhere, disallowing any multicurrency use of
gnucash.

b.g.