DB design document

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:58:25 -0500

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 08:43:18AM -0600, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:57:47AM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> > An account group is just what it sounds like, a group of accounts.
> >
> > All accounts in an account group must be denominated in the same commodity.
>
> I know the attribution is screwy there but I just want to point out
> that in gnucash, there's no restriction on the currencies or
> securities of accounts in an account group.  Since *all* of your
> accounts are part of one account group at the top level, this would
> enforce one currency everywhere, disallowing any multicurrency use of
> gnucash.

So an account group can belong to another account group? The current
schema doesn't provide for that. Should it? If it does, then we have
account groups which can contain other account groups or accounts. the
sub-groups can contain other groups or accounts. The accounts can
contain other accounts.

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

I am the soul of nature
That gives life to all the universe.
>From Me all things proceed
And unto Me they must return.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente