GNUCash

Clark Jones jones@inficad.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:27:14 -0700

Hendrik Boom wrote:

> jones@inficad.com write:
> >
> > OK, my turn:  Bob, do you know what an octothorpe is?  :-)
> >
> >                                               Clark
> >

> Isn't it the thing everyone calls the number sign or the hash mark on the
> 12-key touch-tone telephone keybiard?
>
>  ########
>
> -- hendrik

Correct.  The character that most computer keyboards these days have as
"shift 3", sometimes referred to as "pound sign" in the U.S.  I've also
seen it called "dies" in French documentation.  My preference, though,
is "octothorpe".  (It's also sometimes spelled "octothorp".)

						Clark
--
Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed herein are mine and not necessarily
those of anyone else.  (As if anyone else would want them!)

Internet: jones@inficad.com		RF: KI7TU
ICBM: 33 22' 01" N 111 43' 52" W	Home Page: www.inficad.com/~jones