Peter C. Norton
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:04:56 -0700

Musicians also call it a "sharp" since western music notation is pretty
consistant as to what a sharp looks like :)


On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 09:27:14PM -0700, Clark Jones wrote:

> Correct.  The character that most computer keyboards these days have as
> "shift 3", sometimes referred to as "pound sign" in the U.S.  I've also
> seen it called "dies" in French documentation.  My preference, though,
> is "octothorpe".  (It's also sometimes spelled "octothorp".)
> 						Clark

The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.
Or just re-use this one.