register style

Richard Wackerbarth rkw@dataplex.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:07:08 -0400

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Rob Walker wrote:

> Richard> Even that is not good enough. In a multi-user system, each
> Richard> user will want their own per account style.

> Good thought.  I didn't realize that our multi-user gnucash was going
> to require logins to gnucash, but I thought that it would use my
> .gnucash file in my ~ directory or something like that.  That way my
> wife's gnucash settings would be in her ~ directory.

That is certainly one way to implement it. All I was attempting to point out
was that for multiple user databases, some properties (for example,
Sales:Gross:Taxable is an INCOME account, or the data itself) is a shared
property - we both see the same thing. Other data (like multi-line preference
on the "Wachovia" account) is an individual preference. What I see may be
different that what you chose to see for the same account.