a single register window

Robby Stephenson parys@usa.net
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:35:42 -0700

Hi...

As a personal opinion, I was thinking the other day that I might prefer to
have a single register window, with a GtkNotebook of registers, a tabbed
interface of sorts, between my accounts. I'm not sure if I would prefer that
in the long run, but I'd like to see how I feel about it. I looked through
the register window code somewhat, but I wanted to ask on this list about it
first.

How difficult do you think it would be to have the capability for opening
all registers within a single window? Is there anything about the menu,
toolbar, or whatever, that would require significant coding if one more
layer of container widget was added to the window? Assuming that it's
doable, what's the best way to keep track of that single window pointer?

And since it's extremely likely that a user would change the preference,
already having multiple register windows open, I guess it would be nice to
be able to reparent the registers into one window. I think gtk+ can do
that...

Comments? It's an itch I have, but not a major one yet, so I thought I'd
ask...

Robby