Compiling the Financial Calculator

Arne Grimstrup arne@cs.dartmouth.edu
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:57:39 -0400

I'm interested in working on the Loan and Mortgage calculator (if only
for selfish reasons 8) ).  According to the project list, this
particular feature is still looking for someone to work on it.  Is
that still the case?

Anyway, I've downloaded the most recent CVS snapshot and I see that
code is available to do the financial calculations.  However, when I
try to compile the code, I get:

fin-main.o: In function `main':
fin-main.o(.text+0x3f): undefined reference to `PMT'
fin-main.o(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to `I'
fin-main.o(.text+0x98): undefined reference to `N'
fin-main.o(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `FV'
fin-main.o(.text+0xff): undefined reference to `PMT'

I've searched through the available files, but the only references to
them are in comments or where the error messages occur.  It appears
that some of the source is missing from my download.  Has anyone else
successfully compiled the financial calculator?

Arne

--
Arne Grimstrup                     Email:  arne@cs.dartmouth.edu
Research Associate                 Tel:    (603) 646-0319