Compiling the Financial Calculator

Shimpei Yamashita shimpei@gol.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 01:31:45 +0900

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:57:39AM -0400, Arne Grimstrup wrote:
> I'm interested in working on the Loan and Mortgage calculator (if only
> for selfish reasons 8) ).  According to the project list, this
> particular feature is still looking for someone to work on it.  Is
> that still the case?
>
> Anyway, I've downloaded the most recent CVS snapshot and I see that
> code is available to do the financial calculations.  However, when I
> try to compile the code, I get:
>
> fin-main.o: In function `main':
> fin-main.o(.text+0x3f): undefined reference to `PMT'
> fin-main.o(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to `I'
> fin-main.o(.text+0x98): undefined reference to `N'
> fin-main.o(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `FV'
> fin-main.o(.text+0xff): undefined reference to `PMT'
>
> I've searched through the available files, but the only references to
> them are in comments or where the error messages occur.  It appears
> that some of the source is missing from my download.  Has anyone else
> successfully compiled the financial calculator?

It works fine (well, it looks fine, anyway; I haven't checked its output
yet) if you compile it as part of gnucash as opposed to building it
standalone; fin-main.c never gets compiled in the former case, and none of the
other source files reference the functions mentioned above.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                   <http://www2.gol.com/users/shimpei/>
"Outlook not so great"  -- Microsoft Access 2000 "No. 8 Ball" Easter Egg