Tools for the HTML manuals

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:49:56 +1000 (EST)

Niklaus Giger writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am starting the translation of the GnuCash HTML-manuals into german.
 >
 > Do I just have to copy the doc/html/c/*.html files into a new doc/html/de
 > directory?
 >
 > Or do you use any tools (docbook, SGML, XML)?

No, not at the moment - it's just raw HTML.

However, now is a *very* good time to raise this issue - we probably
should move to something that produces a printed manual properly, and
I suspect docbook might be an appropriate choice.

Guys, what do you think?

 > Is it okay to add some german/swiss specific pages/chapters? I am thinking
 > about a glossary of english terms and their translation into german. Or some
 > examples of default setup of accounts (home/small business).

Yes, that's fine.  If you add anything that's of use to the rest of
us, could you also add it to the English translation?

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net