Tools for the HTML manuals

Jon Trowbridge trow@emccta.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:55:05 -0500

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 12:40:25AM +1000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> Maybe what we need is to have the derived HTML files in releases, but
> only the source SGML in the CVS tree.  That way, people who just wish to
> build GnuCash don't need the Jade tools, but we keep the CVS archive
> nice and pure :)

This isn't all that hard to do with a bit of autoconf/automake magic:
with a bit of tweaking, you can get the generated files into the
tarball that "make dist" creates.  (If you have trouble, e-mail me and
I'll tell you the mysterious invocation needed to get this to work.)

BTW, I spoke to (GDP leader) Dan Mueth the other day; he told me that
there was a "documentation summit" at the O'Reilly Open Source show
last week.  Representatives from many the various free software
documentation projects all met and decided to standardize on DocBook.
So moving your docs to DocBook is probably a good idea.

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.