GnuCash 1.4.2-0_helix_1

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:01:30 +1000 (EST)

Jerry VB writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am new to this list, so forgive me if this is an old topic. I am using
 > SuSE 6.4 with KDE 1.1.2. I found GnuCash 1.4.2-0_helix_1 for SuSE 6.4 on
 > RPM Find. It installed with Kpackage without any dependency problems. I
 > also upgraded gnlibs to 1.2.4-0_helix_1 but that didn't help.
 >
 > Problem is I can't get GnuCash to start up. What else do I need?

GnuCash, while it happily coexists with KDE programs, is a gnome
application.  The the things that do affect GnuCash are:

* your gnome/gtk+/glib setup
* your installation of guile and slib
* your perl setup (if you're using the stock price fetcher)
* the setup of your build system (automake/autoconf/gcc/make etc),
as well as swig and g-wrap, if you build gnucash yourself.

The more information you provide, the easier it is to help.
We need more information to be able to help.  What error messages, if
any, do you get when starting gnucash from the command line?

Oh, and one other thing.  It may well be that the problem turns out to
be a packaging bug.  It may be easier to report the problem to
Helixcode, rather than to us.

Anyway, the first thing to do is run gnucash from the command line and
report back what error messages, if any, you get.

HTH.
Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net