GnuCash 1.4.2-0_helix_1

Jerry VB jerryvb@mindspring.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:05:38 -0700

Thank you for your help. Here is the output from 'gnucash' at the
command line:

It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed. You need
slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.  Obtain slib at:
http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html  If you have slib
installed, you may need to create a symbolic link named 'slib' from the
guile directory (usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
is installed.  You may also need to run the following command as
root:    guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"

I have not gone after SLIB yet. Is it a straight forward install?

Jerry