QIF importer in 1.4.7 fails to detect duplicate transactions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
01 Nov 2000 13:35:51 -0500

grib@billgribble.com (Bill Gribble) writes:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 07:40:59PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Make sure you have gnucash with two accounts (call them "Checking" and
> > "Money Market").  To show the bug, import the two QIF files below.
> > [...]
> > As you can see, the date, amount, source, and destinations all match.
> > This seems like a bug to me.
>
> Make sure that you are entering the proper default account name for
> each file.  "moneymarket" is different from "MoneyMarket", and to
> match the transactions the account names must be identical.

In the dialog I match the accounts/categories properly from qif->gnc.
Perhaps the importer is matching on qif names and not gnc names?

> under 1.5, importing these files causes a crash with previously
> existing accounts as you describe, but if I let the importer create
> the accounts there are no duplicates.  I will fix the crash and then
> get back to you about the with-previous-accounts case.

In both 1.4 and 1.5 I am using existing accounts.