QIF importer in 1.4.7 fails to detect duplicate transactions

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:32:45 -0600

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 07:40:59PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Make sure you have gnucash with two accounts (call them "Checking" and
> "Money Market").  To show the bug, import the two QIF files below.
> [...]
> As you can see, the date, amount, source, and destinations all match.
> This seems like a bug to me.

Make sure that you are entering the proper default account name for
each file.  "moneymarket" is different from "MoneyMarket", and to
match the transactions the account names must be identical.

under 1.5, importing these files causes a crash with previously
existing accounts as you describe, but if I let the importer create
the accounts there are no duplicates.  I will fix the crash and then
get back to you about the with-previous-accounts case.

b.g.