Patching gnucash to take advantage of g-wrap 0.9.8

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:47:34 +1100

Dave,
      the new version of g-wrap (0.9.8) contains a couple of autoconf
macros in a a file g-wrap.m4, which gets installed into
{prefix}/share/aclocal.  On my machines that's
/usr/local/share/aclocal, but just to check I've created a symlink
to /usr/share/aclocal, and it doesn't seem to matter for the
discussion below.

I've modified CVS's makefile to support this change, and it seems to
do the job (could still do with somebody who knows autoconf better to
clean it up, though).  However, when I run autoconf on 1.4.8 I get the
following:

<trell> ~/programming/gnc/gnucash-1.4.8 : autoconf
configure.in:42: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:408:AC_GWRAP_CHECK_GUILE

Obviously, autoconf isn't seeing g-wrap.m4, but when autogen.sh is
called from CVS gnucash, it's not a problem.  Any idea what's going on?

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net