Guile hacking -- accessing backtrace environment frames?

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
02 Nov 2000 10:07:29 -0600

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> Right. I just checked in some changes to src/guile/gnucash.c.in
> that makes running as a shell easier. Now, gnucash loads the same
> startup files regardless of whether it's running as a shell or not.
> The only difference is whether it invokes gnc:main or drops to the
> guile shell.

OK.  In the "old days" I hadn't done that because you wanted to be
able to debug the startup functions from guile, but I don't think
that's really a big issue anymore, and we can always add an option
like --no-XXXXX that brings you up to a "minimal" prompt later if we
need it.