A few questions about list and multichoice options

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 17:32:55 +0000

--------------C4100777D761C66B544A765E

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:
> >
> > Questions:
> >
> > 1.  Is there a list option with single choice only?
>
> No, but the existing list option could be modified to do that
> if desired.

That would be usefull.

> > 2.  Is there a list option that displays the help strings?
>
> No, I don't know how to get the widget to do that.
>
> > 3.  Could the multichoice option be fixed to keep all of the choices on
> > the screen?
>
> The gtk widget itself would need to be enhanced for that.
>
> > 4.  Is there or could there be a drop down list box option?
>
> There could be -- implementing new options types is fairly
> straightfoward. I can add one if that would be useful.

It would be usefull.  Do you know if the help strings would pop up?

> > 5.  Is there a way to implement callback functions in scheme for events
> > such as button clicks, list box selection changes, etc.?
>
> Not atm. The options weren't really designed to be used at that
> kind of low level. They're really intended for a 2-phase commit
> dialog where you set all the options you want and hit 'Apply'.
>
> In those dialogs, nothing is supposed to change until you finish.

I gathered that, but I was just thinking about possible ways to change a help
message when the list box selection changed.  I guess this would have to be
done in c.

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO