Set default file for gnc:file-selection-dialog?

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:20:36 +0000

--------------2FC05CCBB398934239F9C675

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:
> >
> > --------------1EB8F14C599E97CDDF66BB0C
> >
> > I'm working on a tax report and a TXF file export report.  When I use
> > the gnc:file-selection-dialog to get a file name, the default file is
> > displayed s the file that gnucash has open, containing all of the users
> > financial data.  This also happens when the "Export" button on any
> > report is clicked.  It would ba s BAD THING if a user accidentally
> > clicked OK and overwrote all of his financial data with some small
> > report.
> >
> >  Is there a way to change the default file that is displayed?
>
> Ok, if you provide a non-NULL filter to fileBox(), then the last
> opened file is not selected as the default choice. Is that ok, or
> do you want to actually pick a file to put there?
>
> dave

That would be acceptable, though, I would really like to put a default file
name there.
What exactly is the filter supposed to be used for?  I tried putting
something in that field and it didn't seem to have any effect. The
documentation in /usr/share/gnucash/doc/gnc.html is quite vague.

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO