Set default file for gnc:file-selection-dialog?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:57:49 -0800

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:

> > Ok, if you provide a non-NULL filter to fileBox(), then the last
> > opened file is not selected as the default choice. Is that ok, or
> > do you want to actually pick a file to put there?
> >
> > dave
>
> That would be acceptable, though, I would really like to put a default file
> name there.
> What exactly is the filter supposed to be used for?  I tried putting
> something in that field and it didn't seem to have any effect. The
> documentation in /usr/share/gnucash/doc/gnc.html is quite vague.

The filter was supposed to be used for restricting the files being
displayed using extensions (.gnc, .qif, .etc), but the gtk file
selection dialog doesn't dtrt with those, so it is currently
disabled. But when it works, providing a filter should disable
using the last file anyway.

But I will extend the api so you can have a particular file.

dave