Register resizing

James LewisMoss dres@phoenixdsl.com
16 Nov 2000 16:16:24 -0500

 Dave> James LewisMoss writes:

 >> The register seems to have this annoying behavior (described
 >> below) let me know if it's a known bug or something that can be
 >> fixed with a prefs change.
 >>
 >> If you widen a window containing a register the register widens
 >> with the window.  If you then narrow that window the register
 >> stays the same width as the widest point it attained.

 Dave> Yes, this is confusing. It's not entirely clear, though, what
 Dave> it should do when it is resized smaller. What if the user wants
 Dave> a small window that scrolls horizontally (maybe because of a
 Dave> small screen?).

 Dave> What should happen when the register is resized smaller?

I don't know for sure.  All I'm sure about is the current behavior is
annoying. :)

I guess I'd like better to know why and how things work now.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!