Tax report bug

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:33:51 +1100

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:

 > > gnucash: latest CVS
 > > guile: 1.3.4
 > > g-wrap: 0.9.12
 > >
 > >  Herbert.
 > > --
 > > Herbert Thoma
 > > FhG-IIS A, Studio Department
 > > Am Weichselgarten3, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
 > > Phone: +49-9131-776-323
 > > Fax:   +49-9131-776-399
 > > email: tma@iis.fhg.de
 > > www: http://www.iis.fhg.de/

 > I see a possible problem, but, as I don't yet have the latest compiled, (missing dependencies) I can't check it out.
 > The problem does not seem to exist on 1.5.2 or earlier 1.4.x versions.  Could you add the line below marked with the
 > "+" between existing lines 233 and 234, in file /usr/share/gnucash/scm/report/tax.scm, and let me know if it fixes the
 > problem? (don't put in the "+"!)
 >
 >    (let* ((notes (gnc:account-get-notes a))
 > +         (notes (if notes notes ""))
 >           (key-start (string-search notes key 0))

Richard, I haven't confirmed it, but I think the problem is that the
handling of null const-strings has changed in the latest g-wrap.

I think a NULL const string on the C side is converted to scheme #f.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.