Proposed Inventory plan

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:21:08 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Conrad Canterford said:
> > Is gnucash going to become a business accounting package, then ?

There is tremendous interest in a good linux-based business accounting
package.

> > May I request that you please take great care to keep the interface for
> > personal users as simple as possible.

Yes.  Someday, if/when gnucash gets more small-business features,
we will need to figure out how to have it present two interfaces:
'breezy to use' and 'pro'.   How, I don't know.

> > If adding business accounting
> > subsystems to Gnucash clutters up the interface for personal users,
> > please consider making such subsystems a module or compile option.

At the moment, we don't have a plugin/dynamicallly loadable module
system;  this has not bubbled up very high on anyone's priority list.
But this could/should be important; just look at the gimp, and all of
the plugins that got created for it ...

--linas