Implementing proper cost basis tracking for shares

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:16:21 +1100

Phillip Shelton writes:
 > Are you looking at a new account for each parcel of shares?

Sorry, I'm not quite following your comment.

For my "alternative" solution to the "share related expense/income",
each "share account" (each individual stock, not each parcel), you
would need at least two accounts (one for income, one for expenses).

If that's not what you're talking about, could you please explain
for me - preferably with an example.

I apologise if I'm a little slow today :)