Inventory?

J. Milgram milgram@cgpp.com
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 00:32:53 -0400

Is anyone working on an Inventory account type or other inventory
tracking facility? If so, I'd be interested in helping out.

I'm currently using the Stock account type for this purpose. This is
OK for inventory tracking but it doesn't really value the inventory
the way I want it to.  It should be possible to automate the costs
valuation for a given sale. That is, when you transfer between an
Inventory account and Expenses:Cost-of-goods, I'd like to just enter
number shipped and have it automatically fill in the unit cost and
value of the goods sold based on previous purchases into inventory of
same part number (using averaging, FIFO, etc.). I haven't done any
gnucash hacking yet (plus I'm anything but an accountant) so am a bit
clueless as to where to begin.

Thanks for any suggestions ...

Judah

Judah Milgram                             milgram@cgpp.com
College Park Press                        http://www.cgpp.com
P.O. Box 143, College Park MD, USA 20741  +001 (301) 422-4626 (422-3047 fax)