expense tracking with reports or searches?

Tom K. Weckstrom Tom.K.Weckstrom@F-Secure.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:07:33 +0300

Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

> Tom K. Weckstrom writes:
>  >
>  > 1) I can see the sum of the lower level expense accounts in the balance of a
>  > higher level expense account. I want to track expenses by month, week,
>  > quarter, and year, at least.
>  > For example, I have a hierarchy of expense accounts:
>  > - Transportation
>  > ---- Car
>  > -------- Gasoline
>  > -------- Repairments
>  > -------- ...
>  > ---- Bus tickets
>  > ---- ...
>  >
>  > Now, how to get a report on Transportation expenses from August
> 2000?
>  > What about Car expenses only from June to September 2000?
>
> Right now, you could probably use the transaction report to get this
> kind of information, if you want.

You were correct! I tried transaction reports and they satisfy my needs quite
completely.
Thanks!

Tom K.W.

--
Tom Krister Weckström            tel     +358 9 8599 0133
Product Management Engineer      fax     +358 9 8599 0599

F-Secure products: Securing the Mobile, Distributed Enterprise