High-level question

Chris Bamford synergy_one@email.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:56:59 +0100

Hi,

I realise that this is the developer's mailing list so I am aware
that perhaps this isn't the ideal place to post my question
(apologies!) - but I didn't find any alternatives.

I am looking for a piece of accounts software which can be driven in
'batch mode' by events generated from a web server.  Most accounting
packages I have looked at are interactive only and only one has an
API which does not interest me as it requires knowledge of VB/COM etc.

GNU Cash's modular architecture (www.gnucash.org/architecture.php3)
however, caught my eye as it sounds like the engine can be driven
directly through an API ...  I have downloaded GNU Cash and played
around with it and it seems to be very good indeed as an interactive
tool.  I would really like to be able to know how I can use that power
and functionality for my system.

The application is a simple web-shopping one where once the web server
has performed the credit card transaction stuff it needs to hand off to
the accounts and distribution systems to generate invoices, delivery
notes, etc.

How feasible would/could it be to connect the web server to GNU cash in
thisway?

All ideas welcomed.

Thanks,

-- Chris

 Chris Bamford   ++ Synergy One Consulting ++

 Email: synergy_one@email.com
   WWW: http://www.synergy-one.freeserve.co.uk
   Tel: +44 (0)1252-329966
   GSM: +44 0467-844317