libraries

Terry tboldt@attglobal.net
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:39:44 -0400

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Downloaded 1.5.1 and tries to install - unsatisfied dependencies:
>
> libaspell
> libpspell
> libgtkhtml
>
> Looked on the HelixCode site - couldn't find anything similar listed.
>
> Where do I find the above libraries??
>
> Terry
Let me try again - I don't want all of GNOME - I don't really run GNOME - right
now I prefer KDE - GNOME runs like molasses on my h/w. I just want the above
libraries - updating all of GNOME would take more bandwidth than I have and
probably more HD than I have available. If updating all of GNOME is the only
option, then I will have to freeze gnucash at 1.5.0. I know that gnucash was
designed to run under GNOME, but GNOME isn't the only desktop running under
Linux, right now GNOME and KDE apps mostly run on either desktop. If they
diverge then everybody picks their own favorite and we have the GNOME camp and
the KDE camp for the apps - doesn't really sound very reasonable. I know that
the gnucash devel. list is probably not the best place to vent on this issue,
but the apps are really the only ones that can convince the two to
confirm/conform to a single API.