[reedloefgren@interfold.com: Off-Topic Semi-Rant...]

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:33:14 -0500

----- Forwarded message from Reed Loefgren <reedloefgren@interfold.com> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:47:39 -0600
From: Reed Loefgren <reedloefgren@interfold.com>
To: webmaster@gnucash.org
Subject: Off-Topic Semi-Rant...

Sir/Ms.,

  I tried today, for a couple hours, to install gnucash on my LinuxPPC
box. I failed due to an infuriating cycle of dependency failures and
libraries that even rpmfind didn't list. I posted the LPPC users list
once that I thought applications should be availible with all necessary
libraries and dependencies included, like Abiword does (and they do it
damn well, I might add.)
  Well, in short, I was excoriated to no end for that idea. Oh, too much
duplication. Oh, too many bytes. Oh, too much time. But ya know, I don't
buy it.
  You might pass this word on the the powers that be at gnucash.org;
they've lost at least one customer already.

Sincerely,

Reed Loefgren
--

The promise of the Machine Age was