need help with cvs and make-gnucash-patch

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:30:58 +0000

--------------00AD3FA94B89E667C818461C

Hi,

I've written a new report for gnucash and would like to submit it.  The
report displays tax related information, income, deductible expenses,
etc.

I have several questions concerning cvs.  I've never used cvs before and
the information in the README is not completely clear to me.

I downloaded the gnucash-1.4.4 tar ball as the base and made my
modifications relative to it.  The README says I must do a cvs update
before running the make-gnucash-patch script.  It is not clear to me,
which version(s) of gnucash is(are) acceptable to submit a patch to.

Questions:
1. Is the latest unstable stable version the only acceptable version to
submit a patch to?
2. Is the latest stable version acceptable?
3. Are other versions acceptable?
4.  What exactly are the -r revision tags for older versions?

I did a test run of make-gnucash-patch to see if it produced what I
expected.  It missed two .gif files that are part of the help
documentation for my new report.  Apparently, the patch program ignores
binary files.

Question:
1. What is the procedure for submitting files that are ignored by
make-gnucash-patch?

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO