Build Dependencies

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:23:28 -0700

mike.perik@bankofamerica.com wrote:

> I would have to agree in part.  I built gnucash on a Sun box and I basicly
> had to start from gnucash and work backwards with the dependencies until I
> had everything built.  The approximate total number of libraries built is
> about 64 from approximately 30 packages.  This was extremely frustrating and
> time consuming.

Getting Gnucash up and running on Solaris is a bit of a pain, but it's
definately worth it.  I recieved my upgrade letter from Intuit
yesterday,
smiled, and then filed it in the trash.  Felt good.  One of the biggest
drawbacks currently is that Gnucash is being coded towards Gnome.  Next
year when Sun drops CDE and starts shipping Gnome as the default desktop
the compilation on Solaris should be trivial.  Until then, your one of
the
few who can say, "I was there from the beginning." :-)

alan

---
Solaris Ultra/Intel Resources - http://www.solarisresources.com
When you open your Windows you'll see a light blue sky
filled with clouds. If you look past the clouds, you'll
only see the Sun.