Build Dependencies

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:13:12 -0700

> Have your been able to get a good copy of gnome-core library?
> The copy of the source found on gnome.org is corrupt.. gnutar 1.13,
> solaris 2.7 (mu4) tar and star report a problem with "././@LongLink".
> AIX 4.3.3 also says there is a problem.

I have it all, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome this, gnome that.  I've
already switched my desktop from CDE/Openwindows to Gnome.  Gnome's
got one feature that I can't get with CDE so I won't be going back.
If you hunt around on the net there's a good web
page from someone that has the changes to make to the sources as well
as other tips.  One of the biggest tips is you need to use GNU flex
for some of the programs otherwise they will not compile.

If you need help getting gnome up let's take this to private e-mails,but
Gnucash itself only needs Gnome Libs which is fairly straightforward to
compile as long as you compile all the dependencies as shared libraries.

Sleepycat as you mentioned is a bit of a pain as it only does static
by default but there is a readme in their docs dir on how to create the
shared so its no biggie.  You can run Gnucash under CDE as long as it
can find the Gnome libs directories.

alan