gnc:html-build-acct-table - can we factor out some parts?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net (Robert Graham Merkel)
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 18:31:13 +1000

OK, I've spent time experimenting with using gnc:html-build-acct-table
to do a balance sheet, and in its present form it's just not suitable.
Basically, the misaligned columns look really ugly, so the contents
really have to be in one table.

However, if one could factor out the part of the above function that
does the account rows and adds them to a table passed in as an
argument, that could be used as the basis to build the table up in
parts, adding headings, totals and other calculated figures
(retained profits, basically) through other means.

Otherwise, I think the balance sheet will have to be a totally
independent report sharing no code with the account summary/profit and
loss reports.

What do you think?

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

<telsa> I left my client on #gtk+ overnight and there was nothing
in scrollback at all except quit/rejoins.
<bighead> telsa: well its been that for, I think 3 days now
(ever since started coming back on IRC)
<telsa> Clearly they are busy implementing telepathy,
and dog-fooding it. :)