Books/Accounting Periods proposal

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 Apr 2001 09:06:38 -0400

I'd rather see all this configuration information stored again as part
of the Backend.  Let's take a distributed, multi-client environment
(client/server) where we've got 10 years of data stored in books
closed every quarter.  You now have a new user who wants to access the
data for the first time.  How do they tell the system "this is where
the set of books is located"?

I'd like to be able to centrally store the information about multiple
books, instead of having each user store it on their client.

-derek