[Evolution-hackers] addressbook export module?

Ettore Perazzoli ettore@ximian.com
13 Apr 2001 07:11:52 -0400

On 12 Apr 2001 13:19:48 -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> -- a way to hit a button in gnucash, and have just the evolution
>    contact manager pop up.

  This can be done fairly easily.  Activate the shell, and then invoke
GNOME::Evolution::Shell::CreateNewView().

> -- get a GUID from evolution that uniquely identifies that entry
>    (so I can store it with my gnucash account info)
> -- be able to fetch name/addr info based on the guid (so I can
>    pump it into the invoice report)

  You can do this stuff by accessing the Wombat, which is the personal
addressbook/calendar server.  You don't even need to use CORBA for that,
as we have a wrapper library called ebook.  (Have a look at the source
code for the actual API.)

--
Ettore