Unstable 1.5.5 forgets main window size.

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:09:21 -0500

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 12:06:04AM +0000, Richard -Gilligan- Uschold wrote:
> The main window size is not retained after shutdown and restart.  It
> also starts up quite small, the height of the main window is less than
> the total height of the menu bar plus the button bar, and shows only
> about four lines of text.

The default is too small, yes, but I'm surprised about the
save/restore problem.  We have shifted to a new mechanism for saving
and restoring the window parameters, so I would expect that the first
time you ran the new version you would get the wrong size and then
after that a quit/restart would go back to the last window size.  Not
true?

If not, could you look in the file ~/.gnome/GnuCash and see if the
file has a section titled "[MDI Session]"?  If so, what's in it?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble