Unstable 1.5.5 forgets main window size.

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 02:54:34 +0000

Bill Gribble wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 12:06:04AM +0000, Richard -Gilligan- Uschold wrote:
> > The main window size is not retained after shutdown and restart.  It
> > also starts up quite small, the height of the main window is less than
> > the total height of the menu bar plus the button bar, and shows only
> > about four lines of text.
>
> The default is too small, yes, but I'm surprised about the
> save/restore problem.  We have shifted to a new mechanism for saving
> and restoring the window parameters, so I would expect that the first
> time you ran the new version you would get the wrong size and then
> after that a quit/restart would go back to the last window size.  Not
> true?

Not true, it always starts up the saem small size.

> If not, could you look in the file ~/.gnome/GnuCash and see if the
> file has a section titled "[MDI Session]"?  If so, what's in it?
>

>From ~/.gnome/GnuCash

[MDI Session]
mdi_mode=2
mdi_children=
mdi_windows=
mdi_active_window=0
mdi_active_view=0

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO