kudos and a problem with the "welcome" report

Kevin Finn kevinfinn@mediaone.net
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:07:51 -0500

     First off, great job to all on the new "Welcome to 1.6" report and
all of the reports in general, GnuCash has gotten considerably better
looking and more functional recently as a result of these additions.
The "Welcome" report was really neat looking and (although maybe not
finished yet) makes a great first impression.  Are there any plans under
way to maintain the responsiveness of the account/register part of the
application while the reports are being generated?

     Unfortunately, although the "Welcome" report came up fine the first
one or two times I launched GnuCash, after that I seemed to get some
corruption in the config-1.6.auto file and the report wouldn't load.
The config file had:

(gnc:config-file-format-version 1)

;GnuCash Configuration Options
(<B4><C0>@(<B4><C0>@on: __gui       <<<<<<<< binary corruption

(let ((option (gnc:lookup-option gnc:*options-entries*
                                 "__gui"
                                 "reg_column_widths")))
  ((lambda (option) (if option ((gnc:option-setter option) '(("transfer"
. 250) ("debit" . 97) ("credit" . 97) ("balance" . 97) ("reconcile" .
20) ("description" . 245) ("num" . 53) ("date" . 114))))) option))

and I saw the following warning on startup:
gnucash: [W] "failure loading ""/home/kevin/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto"

Exiting and restarting seems to have fixed the corruption in my config
file, but the report isn't fixed and still claims that an error occurred
while running it.  Is there any way to get the error messages out of the
report?  I'm thinking of something like the Netscape javascript
console.  gnucash --debug didn't display any errors.  Can I somehow
reinitialize my config-1.6.auto file so that the welcome report works
again?

     Kevin

--

Kevin Finn