Suggestion: Register Size

Klaus Ridder klaus.ridder@gmx.de
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:41:39 +0200

Hi again!

I hope that I'm not "annoying" you with so many suggestions. I am just
working very intensively with gnucash at the moment and post here what I
think would make gnucash better. It is your decision what to take from it

REGISTER SIZE
Quite often I have a register with hundreds of transactions. Although I have
a 1600 resolution, not so many transactions can be seen at once, ecpecially
in "multi line" view.
If it looked like http://rmm.wspse.de/gnucash.gif it would be more
convenient (not so many empty pixels on the top and the bottom).

SINGLE LINE / MULTI LINE KEY SWITH
It would be great if I could change between single an multi line view with a
keyboard shortcut (I didn't find this option anywhere)

REGISTER LAYOUT
If you use a 1600 resolution, all information of the double line view would
easily fit into one line. I also always hated quicken for not having this
option. Would be great if gnucash had it in some future version (1.8 / 2.0).

RECONCEAL SORTING OPTIONS (not so important)
I always want my reconceal view be sorted by amount. It would be great if
gnucash saved the "last view" or at least had buttons for "sort by amount",
"Sort by date", ... insted of just a sub-sub-menu.

So, I now continue with entering my transactions; by the way: Gnucash works
great on Win2000 with Exceed! (running gnucash on a remote linux server).

Regards,
Klaus Ridder