Unstable 1.5.5 forgets main window size.

Kevin Finn kevinfinn@mediaone.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:19:55 -0500

Bill Gribble wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:02:28PM -0500, Kevin Finn wrote:
> >      My problem is that the "welcome" report comes up every time GnuCash
> > is launched, no matter whether I closed it before exiting the last time
> > or not.
>
> Let me look into this.  I can see more-or-less what's going on from
> the file snippet you posted, but there's no reason I can think of for
> it to be happening :(
>
> The problem is that MDI is not correctly saving the window
> configuration.  this either means that the save_state function is not
> beingcalled -- what are you doing to exit Gnucash? -- or it's not
> doing what it's supposed to do. Let me see if this is a known bug in
> that version of the gnome libs.

I know what it is - I normally shut down Gnucash via the window manager
control, not by clicking the "Exit" button.  When I tried exiting via
the "Exit" button it worked correctly and wrote a much more normal MDI
Session.  On a restart the "welcome to 1.6" report is no longer there.

I submitted a patch last week because I couldn't close the program at
all via the WM control, and maybe that patch didn't do the right thing
with MDI.  The change was to update gnc_main_window_destroy_cb to call
gnc_shutdown(0), which was what gnc_main_window_file_shutdown_cb was
already doing.

Maybe you have some better ideas on how this should work?

Kevin

--

Kevin Finn
kevinfinn@mediaone.net