Inaccurate Report

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:55:47 -0500

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:32:45AM -0700, Stan Student was heard to remark:
> Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 07:05:57AM -0700, Stan Student was heard to remark:
> > > Two problems.-- gnucash 1.6.1
> > > Most serious.--- The Balance sheet report provides incorrect values for
> > > some accounts.  These values do not agree with either the main account
> > > values or that provided by the Portfolio account.
> >
> > are you sure? the balance sheet totals up the values in sub-accounts.
> > also, if you are using the postgres sql db in 'multi-user' mode, then,
> > yes, there are some bugs relating to the retreival of the balance info
> > from the db.  But using gnucash with plain-file backend (and the
> > 'single-user' sql mode) doesn't have this problem.
> >
> > --linas
> >
> > --
> > I'm very PUBLIC-MINDED, I'm helping a NIGERIAN get his $25,000,000 back!
> I'm sure.  I don't even have postgres on this system.
> Also what is causing the lack of some fields to display or print

You'll need to be a bit more explicit about what it is that seems to be
wrong.  what are the transactions? what accounts? what amounts? are
the problems associated witha specific transaction?  etc.

also, cc the mailing list.

--linas

--
I'm very PUBLIC-MINDED, I'm helping a NIGERIAN get his $25,000,000 back!