Price quotes question

Eric Wimer eric.wimer@cimedia.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:21:41 -0400

I'm having a problem using the add-price-quotes functionality of GnuCash.
I apologize if this is a FAQ, but I searched the www.gnucash.org site
and couldn't find anything that seemed relevant to my question.

I'm using GnuCash v1.6.1 on a RedHat v7.1 installation. I get the
following message when I try to update prices for my mutual funds:

[eric@kramer money]$ gnucash --add-price-quotes gnucash.dat
(handling-request ("yahoo" "VWNDX" "VWELX" "VTSMX" "VMRGX" "POMIX" "PRITX"))
(handling-request ("troweprice_direct" "RPSIX"))
gnucash: [W] "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
  FUND:VWNDX
  FUND:VWELX
  FUND:VTSMX
  FUND:VMRGX
  FUND:POMIX
  FUND:PRITX
  FUND:RPSIX
Continuing with good quotes.
"

I believe I have the commodity setup for the mutual funds done correctly,
but I'm not sure. I'm using symbols that work on yahoo and I have them
set up as type = FUND. I have also tried this using type = NASDAQ. I have
the box checked for "Get Online Quotes" in the Edit Account screen. I've
tried different sources and time zones and nothing seems to allow me to
retrieve quotes using the Price Editor or the command line functionality.

I believe this used to work for me in v1.4. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric