Improvement to the register window

Georg Wilckens durandal@nfinity.de
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:01:26 +0200

On Tue, Aug, 07, 2001 at 21:17:20 +0200, Dirk Herrmann wrote:

> Now, what I want to do is to make it clear that the first transaction
> in 'expected refunds' and the second one (that belongs to the split
> transaction with my wages) belong together.  I would like to be able
> to enter a tag (for example, a number) to the first transaction where
> I note that I am expecting the money, and the same tag to that line
> of the split transaction that corresponds to the other transaction.
> If one would be sorting by tags, then the corresponding transactions
> could be seen directly after each other, and it would be easy to
> see which expected payments have not been paid yet.

There is already the cleared-flag. That and the reconcile-feature
should work pretty well for your purposes.

> amount to my wages account.  In the wages account, however, I would
> like to see all transactions that belong to the wages of a certain
> month grouped together using a tag for that month.

Hmm, I think I see your point. I can only imagine using subaccounts
for that... not very useful to record monthly payments though.

Regards,
	Georg
--
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you
hit the target.