BUG: QIF import (negative bank transactions)

W. Craig Trader ct7@unicornsrest.org
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:35:56 -0400

I've just finished building GnuCash 1.6.1 and all of its dependencies,
and it works great except for one teensy-little problem:  the QIF
importer can't handle the QIF files produced by my bank's website.
After playing around editing the downloaded files by hand, I was able to
determine where the problem lies, but not how to fix it:  my bank
produces negative numbers with a trailing minus, instead of a leading
minus (ie: "1,234.56-" instead of "-1,234.56").

Unfortunately, I don't know enough scheme to be able to correctly alter
the parsing routines to handle both leading and trailing signs, so I
can't fix it myself.

- Craig -

--
============= Excellence is a journey, not a destination =============