Recommend accounting book, for home and small office?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
22 Aug 2001 16:32:04 -0700

--=-+4DaP5w6/tKO9g6YtHn7

On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 14:09, Chris Shenton wrote:
> I've been using GnuCash for a few months and like it. Not sure I
> understand it all, but that's probably due to my ignorance of basic
> accounting.  I'm about to start my own consulting business and would
> like to use GnuCash to manage the accounts for it -- I just can't bear
> having to run a Windoze box just so I can use a package like PeachTree
> or QuickBooks. :-(
>=20
> Any recommendations for books on practical accounting that would
> enlighten me, both for home and small business?=20

I found the book "Accounting the Easy Way", published by Barron's
to be useful, despite the dorky name. It is focused on pencil &
paper accounting, but the concepts are explained well.

dave

--=-+4DaP5w6/tKO9g6YtHn7

--=-+4DaP5w6/tKO9g6YtHn7--