info in kvp_frames and scheduled transactions

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:35:39 +1000

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:38:22 Bill Gribble wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2001 14:23:19 +1000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> > While looking at the problem of "schedulising" transactions from actual
> > register transactions,it's just occurred to me that there is a big blob
>
> > of data that it's not clear what we should do with it.  The
> > transaction and split kvp_frames, namely.
>
> Well, we're lucky in that there's no GUI for setting arbitrary key-value
> pairs ATM.
>
> I think we should do a survey of the current usage of KVPs, followed by
> an enumeration of the conceived future uses.  At that point it will be
> more reasonable to try to make a decision about them.
>
> AFAICT the only transactions affected are (1) autofilled transactions
> and (2) scheduled transactions. Is that righr?

I think so.  jsled and I were discussing things and came to similar
conclusions
- we could ignore the issue  for a little while, and we should take
a closer look at what kvp_frame data is being used for before deciding
how to instantiate it from scheduled transactions).

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig