Euro conversion

Stephan Kahnt stephan.kahnt@berlin.de
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:31:53 +0100

The euro conversion is comming. I would like to write a small perl script
that makes something like this with my account structure:

- account1
  |- subaccount11
  |- subaccount12
  |- subaccount13
- account2

into:
- account1
  |- account1 DM
  |- subaccount11
    |- subaccount11 DM
  |- subaccount12
    |- subaccount12 DM
  |- subaccount13
    |- subaccount13 DM
- account2
  |- account2 DM

In words:
- for each account "name" create a subaccount "name DM"
- move all transactions from account "name" to account "name DM" with
  currency DM
- change the currency for account "name" to euro
- insert all new transactions into the new euro accounts

I think this would be an appropriate way to convert to the euro. Now I need
to know what the line

<act:id type="guid">c73a32ae43bd8a14ba0a7f2163f9868a</act:id>

in the <gnc:account version="2.0.0"> entries of the xac file means. How may I
automatically generate such a unique account id ?

I read in the mailing list Christian Stimming is going to write a euro
conversation. When do you think there will be something usable ?

Thanks

Stephan Kahnt