acc_guid in split ??

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
05 Dec 2001 11:57:52 -0800

--=-o8xk8iu4eMH3fz5NsH/e

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 10:24, Linas Vepstas wrote:
>=20
> Dave,
>=20
> I notice that one of the changes made in teh last year or so was to=20
> store a copy of the account guid in the split structure.  As far as
> I can tell using grep, this serves no useful purpose, and in fact
> just makes the code somewhat confusing.   Do you know why its there?
> (I thought maybe it had to do with the xml file backend, but no ..)
> (Then I thought its a performance thing, but that seems wrong)
> (Maybe its a future expansion thing I don't understand?)
> Can I remove this and simplify things a bit?

It is actually used by the xml backend in the form
of xaccSplitSetAccountGUID. But really, I think it
can be removed. Some of the xml backend tests will
probably need to be fixed, though.

I think I know what needs to be done in the xml
backend & tests, so I could work on it later tonight.

dave

--=-o8xk8iu4eMH3fz5NsH/e

--=-o8xk8iu4eMH3fz5NsH/e--