acc_guid in split ??

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:48:37 -0600

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:57:52AM -0800, Dave Peticolas was heard to remark:
> On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 10:24, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > Dave,
> >
> > I notice that one of the changes made in teh last year or so was to
> > store a copy of the account guid in the split structure.  As far as
> > I can tell using grep, this serves no useful purpose, and in fact
> > just makes the code somewhat confusing.   Do you know why its there?
> > (I thought maybe it had to do with the xml file backend, but no ..)
> > (Then I thought its a performance thing, but that seems wrong)
> > (Maybe its a future expansion thing I don't understand?)
> > Can I remove this and simplify things a bit?
>
> It is actually used by the xml backend in the form
> of xaccSplitSetAccountGUID.

well, I thought so, but I missed it during the grep.

It kinda-makes sense if one somehow finds out about an
account guid before one has created an account struct.
However, I don't think the rest of the engine could
handle this without croaking; so its dangerous.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>